How's Eid in Canada?
Fun!
Food was good, friends were great. I was in good company for the 1st day of Shawal. The rendang didn't turn out too good, but it wasn't my cooking. I'm not much of a domestic goddess anyways, I did what I could to help. The only thing that's missing? Family (oh and duit raya won't hurt too)
Farawahida came all the way from Saskatchewan to join us for Eid Celebration. The more the merrier! Took her shopping at City Centre. Shopping with this girl sangat best! Her principle? when in doubt, BELI! So I ended up 'terbeli' a handbag. Please come again, we MUST go to West Ed Mall for shopping+entertainment.
Not forgetting that crazy random Skype beramai-ramai (I still can't figure out who was really talking and who wasn't)
And the texts and wishes from Toronto people, thank you guys! Missing Malcolm-ku, Julia-ku, Anderson-ku, and Hexen-ku. Speaker-phone calls are awesome.
Oh and kamu, tolong lah jangan tertido depan webcam lagi. hehehe. yes i am talking to you, you know who you are.
Cold!
Windy as hell.
Mental note on outfits on days with weather like this: Baju kurung is definately NOT an option, the darn kain keeps fluttering around like a flag.
Mental note #2: When mat saleh stare at you and you feel so damn proud of your yellow neon national outfit, wish them SELAMAT HARI RAYA. The expression on their faces are priceless :)
Selamat Hari Raya!
With love,
from Edmonton

No comments:
Post a Comment