I am currently doing an internship at Innovax Pharmaceutical (under Chemical Company of Malaysia). So far, I spent the first week orienting myself in the new lab. Did you know the autoclave machine is called 'Stim Dandang' in Malay? I gave a Sheldon-y laugh when I heard this word. Almost broke a micropipette too. Feels great to have a lab practically to yourself....would be better if I can actually put it to use. Major #firstworldproblem: Supervisor hardly gives me any work, so I ended up being bored most of the time at work.
Don't get me wrong, I love going to work. Even when I was a part-time assistant instructor at Kumon, I enjoyed going to work. Completing a task at work feels so much more rewarding than completing a task at school. So not doing or achieving anything at work feels demotivating.
Is this a foreshadow to what my future career will look like? My dad said fresh graduates can't afford to be choosy; jobs are hard to come by these days. I have huge, fast-paced, dynamic expectations of what I want to achieve in my career before I turn 40. The best I can do right now is to make this experience as a stepping stone to get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment