Friday, January 27, 2012

Progress report

A friend told me: Happiness is not loving what you're doing, but finding love in what you do. No matter how much I utter to myself everyday "I LOVE BACTERIA/ DNA/ MOLECULAR BIOLOGY", I still need a sign from God indicating why am I stuck doing Microbiology. I have that thought constantly, asking "What do I go to school for? Get a degree, get a job, maybe get married, then what? There must be a higher reason than this".

Maybe I should start counting my blessings and stop complaining. Being in 3rd year means I get the liberty of choosing what area I want to specialize in Microbiology. So whatever I choose to take right now should indicate some level of interest. After all, I signed up for this Medical Microbiology course because I get sick pretty often, so I want to know what is attacking my body. Plus I registered for that Nutrition & Food Sciences course because I get to learn how to ferment or brew my own food.

God, I'm still searching for the bigger picture though.

3 comments:

  1. And remember that you're not alone in this state of uncertainty =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your course choices sound well-based so far btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a confession: I wrote this under the influence of jealousy. Jealous with people who really REALLY know what they want to do and know WHY they are doing it. Not sure if its a healthy emotion or not.

    p/s: this emotional spew ended up with grammatical errors all over the place. i think i fixed some of it already.

    ReplyDelete