I've always loved food. Thanks to this course, I have learnt how to appreciate food beyond just eating it. I've learnt that I've been missing out on so many different types of cheeses. That cheddar slices you always put on your burger? It is not even properly ripened! That mozzarella you put on your pizza? Gruyere cheese tastes even better! I'm currently addicted to an expensive Norwegian whey cheese called Gjetost, because it tastes like chocolate I swear!
I don't drink. But through this course I've learnt how to appreciate whisky, wine, and beer. I learnt how to make wine. Not drinking it doesn't mean I can't smell it or look at it. Wines that have the best range of smell (grassy, buttery, etc.) but any beer smell turns me off because it reminded me of spoiled rice. Plus, it sort of smelled like my residence hall back in Lister too.
I wish there is a higher level course for this. I would love to know what does it take to venture into the food industry and become a food microbiologist.

No comments:
Post a Comment